Interested in a career in Emergency Medicine? This page contains EM related career information to help guide you. We have Faculty Career Advisors ready to guide you in this process. Contact Alexis Rush to be connected with an advisor.
- EMRA Match Guide
- SAEM Clerkship Directory
- SAEM Residency Directory
- Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS)
- Applicant Timeline
- UW School of Medicine Residency Application Page
- Assessing the number of programs in EM to apply to
- Personal Statement Pearls
EM Organizations to consider joining
- UW Emergency Medicine Interest Group (EMIG) **
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) *
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Emergency Medicine Residents Association (EMRA) * EMRA is the residency branch of ACEP
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM)
- AAEM Residency Association (AAEMRSA)
* strongly recommended
- To be supported by our Division in EM, and receive a Division SLOE, you must rotate at HMC/UWMC (MED EM 606).
- If you are considering EM, it is advisable to take your required EM clerkship early, so you will have time to plan out your application in EM, or if it's not the specialty for you, find something else. It is ideal timing to rotate at HMC/UWMC in the Spring/Summer of your 3rd year.
- We strongly recommend that you do a sub-I away clerkship in EM, preferably at a site you would like to attend for residency. This is a valuable way for you to get to know the program, plus an opportunity for you to impress them during the 4 week clerkship. Please ask for a SLOE from your away site.