UW Department of Emergency Medicine annual Research Showcase on May 9, 2019 featured groundbreaking research from faculty, residents, and students.
Research topics included point-of-care ultrasound, out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, trauma resuscitation, toxicology, substance use disorder, and medical education.
Please see the full schedule featuring 18 oral presentations
and 12 poster presentations.
NASA-funded project examining novel
kidney stone pushing technology.
The following presenters received awards:
- Best Resident Oral Presentation: Dr. Emily Bartlett
- Best Resident Poster Presentation: Dr. Antonia Nemanich
- Best Faculty Presentation: Dr. Lauren Whiteside
- Most Innovative Research: Dr. Kennedy Hall
- Most Potential to Change Practice: Dr. Heemun Kwok, Dr. Graham Nichol (tie)
- Best Medical Student Presentation: John Slevin, Nikhil Ranadive (tie)