Dr. Celestia is an emergency physician and an emergency medical services (EMS) fellow at the University of Washington (UW). She cares for patients in the emergency department at UW Medical Center Northwest. She works with Seattle and King County Medic One EMS services and UW Harborview’s Paramedic Training Program. She is also a flight physician with Airlift Northwest.
She is interested in disaster medicine, especially as it relates to the increase in natural disasters due to climate change.
Education & Training:
- MD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (2015-2019)
- Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI (2019-2022)
- Emergency Medical Services Fellowship, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2022-Current)
Research & Clinical Interests
- Climate change
- Disaster medicine
- Emergency medicine
- Perrotta G, Krupp S, Holbrook M, Joyce K, Bissonette A, Dandashi J, Grahf D, Alaka M, Celestia A, Mohammad A, Miller J. Boucebacks during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Ann Emerg Med. 2020;76(4 Suppl):S107-S108.
- Celestia A, Connor B, Miller J, Drake S, Derkowski T, Stevenson J, Slezak M, Clark C, Ball M. POCUS Training for Mobile Integrated Health Paramedics. Innovations in EMS Education Abstracts 2022, Prehospital Emergency Care, 26:1, 164- 17