It is our goal and responsibility to help you develop to your full potential, providing you with the tools to deliver outstanding patient centered care to all of your future patients and to achieve your own professional aspirations.
We are able to accomplish this goal through the provision of a clinical environment that promotes collegiality, scholarship, and innovation. Our faculty is invested in teaching and mentorship and has a diverse background of expertise.
Our philosophy is that every provider participates in delivering outstanding patient care. This philosophy contributes to an environment of mutual consideration and respect among everyone working in and supporting our Emergency Departments. Together, everyone is supporting you in your educational endeavors.
Trainees are exposed to a rich and broad based patient population. Our educational programs take advantage of the vast resources provided by:
- Harborview Medical Center
- University of Washington Medical Center,
- Seattle Children’s Hospital
- University of Washington School of Medicine
As an academic discipline, we work closely with world class organizations:
- WWAMI Institute for Simulation in Healthcare (WISH)
- UW Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics
- Seattle Medic One
- King County Medic One Emergency Medical Services Systems,
- Airlift Northwest