We are dedicated to promoting excellence in the practice of emergency medicine through collaborative efforts to discover, develop, and disseminate strategies for improving care of acutely ill and injured patients.
The University of Washington provides an exceptional environment for research and is considered a top-funded public research institution, receiving over one billion dollars each year in research funding. UW resources and infrastructure provide unparalleled opportunities for investigation and collaboration.
AREAS OF RESEARCH
Within our department, our investigators are engaging in scientific inquiry, promoting evidence-based research, and advancing education and training on a variety of topics. Research is being conducted by our faculty in a broad range of topics, including basic and translational trials.
Areas of research include:
- Cardiac arrest and prehospital care
- Trauma and hemorrhage control
- Sepsis and ARDS
- International healthcare delivery
- Environmental health
- Development and evaluation of health systems
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Novel ultrasound technology, techniques, and applications
- Workplace and provider safety
- Emergency care delivery and quality of care