The University of Washington provides an exceptional environment for research and is considered a top-funded public research institution, receiving over one billion dollars each year in research funding. UW resources and infrastructure provide unparalleled opportunities for investigation and collaboration.
Within our department, our investigators are engaging in scientific inquiry, promoting evidence-based research, and advancing education and training on a variety of topics. Research is being conducted by our faculty in a broad range of topics, including basic and translational trials.
Areas of research
- Cardiac Arrest and Prehospital Care
- Trauma and Hemorrhage Control
- Medical Education Research
- Health Care Policy and Services
- Opiate Use & Substance Use Disorder
- Sepsis and ARDS
- International Healthcare Delivery
- Environmental Health and Climate Change
- Development and Evaluation of Health Systems
- Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS)
- Novel Ultrasound Technology, Techniques, and Applications
- Workplace and Provider Safety
- Emergency Care Delivery and Quality of Care
Learn more about our department's projects.
Meet the 30+ members that make up our department's team.
Advancing the care of critically ill and injured patients in the emergency department and beyond.
Patient and provider safety is our top priority, and we are dedicated to quality improvement work through both research and education.
Promoting the health of populations and the environment worldwide.
Putting cutting-edge ultrasound technology and knowledge into practice to enhance patient care and safety.
A global leader in prehospital emergency medical services research across a broad range of topics from resuscitation science to the management of critically ill and injured patents in the air medical transport setting.