Dr. Chen is an emergency physician and medical toxicologist. She cares for patients in the Emergency Department at Harborview Medical Center and provides consultations for the Washington Poison Center. Dr. Chen’s priority has always been to provide exceptional care and to communicate openly with all patients. She believes patient care always comes first, and her background in medical toxicology has given her a unique perspective to explore and implement initiatives to improve patient safety.
Dr. Chen’s clinical and research interests include medical toxicology, poisoning, medication safety, and adverse drug events and reactions. She co-directs the toxicology education program for emergency medicine residents at the University of Washington and Madigan Medical Center. She serves as the chair of the University of Washington Emergency Department’s Therapeutics Management Committee. Dr. Chen is a member of the American Academy of Clinical Toxicologists and the American College of Medical Toxicologists.
Education & Training
- MD, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT (2007)
- Internship and Residency, Washington University in St. Louis (Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children's Hospital) St. Louis, MO (2011)
- Fellowship, Medical Toxicology, New York University School of Medicine and New York City Poison Control Center, New York, NY (2013)
Research & Clinical Interests
- Poisoning and medication safety
- Medical toxicology
- Medication safety
- Adverse drug events and adverse drug reactions