Dr. Sveum is an emergency physician. She is currently completing the Population Health Research Fellowship within the Department of Emergency Medicine. She works clinically in the Emergency Department at Northwest Hospital. She graduated from the University of Washington Emergency Medicine Residency in July 2023. During residency, she completed the Population Health Pathway, including a month-long rotation in Nairobi, Kenya.
Dr. Sveum studies health access and resuscitation in low-resource settings. She is interested in implementation science and mixed methods research. She is currently participating in research projects in Uganda and Kenya.
Education & Training
- Residency, University of Washington Department of Emergency Medicine, Seattle, WA (2023)
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Washington, DC (2019)
- MSPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD (2015)
- BA, American University, Washington, DC (2012)
Research & Clinical Interests
- Global Health
- Health Access
- Resuscitation in low-resource settings