Dr. Jamie Shandro is a board-certified emergency physician in the Emergency Departments at Harborview and UW Medical Center. She is also a UW associate professor of Emergency Medicine, and the Director of Student Development and Advising in the Department of Emergency Medicine.
Dr. Shandro enjoys taking care of the wide variety of patients who come through the emergency department and feels incredibly honored to care for each and every patient with respect and compassion. She enjoys teaching and learning from medical students and resident physicians as they progress through their clinical training.
Dr. Shandro earned her M.D. from the UW School of Medicine and her M.P.H. from Harvard University. She completed her emergency medicine residency at Stanford University Medical Center. In addition to her academic focus on undergraduate medical education and medical student career advising, she has conducted research on medical teamwork and on injury prevention efforts.
Education & Training
- MD, University of Washington School of Medicine (2002)
- Internship and Residency, Stanford-Kaiser Emergency Medicine Residency Program (2006)
- MPH, Family and Community Health, Harvard School of Public Health (2003)
research & clinical interests
- Medical Student Education
- Interprofessional Education
- Teamwork and Communication in Medicine
- Injury Prevention
- Clinical Education in Emergency Medicine