This program has been designed to provide a structured means of receiving non-UW faculty, fellows, and occasionally senior residents from outside the United States, who have identified specific interests related to areas of expertise within the University of Washington Department of Emergency Medicine. Furthermore, it establishes a streamlined process for supporting the development of external collaborators, educators, administrators, and researchers in Emergency Medicine. Selected applicants will be assured of receiving a mentored, high-quality experience, specifically tailored to the scholar’s interests and objectives.
The GSP has been designed with three primary objectives:
- Leverage the expertise and environment of the University of Washington Department of Emergency Medicine to support colleagues from other institutions;
- Create opportunities for collaboration between institutions;
- Support the School of Medicine’s commitment to excellence in biomedical education, research, and health care.
Please thoroughly review the Global Scholars Program Description prior to submitting any materials.
The first step of the application process for our Global Scholars Program is to submit a letter of interest. This letter should be 250 words maximum, and address the following:
- Why are you interested in the Global Scholars Program in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Washington?
- What are your specific goals and objectives for this experience?
- Please identify up to three UW DEM faculty with whom you are interested in collaborating.